Are you looking for German visa?
So first of all you should know the types and categories : so that you understand which visa you need.
A Schengen visa entitles the holder to an accumulated stay of up to 90 days within a period of six months and is valid for Germany, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland (Schengen Area).
For submission of your Schengen visa application at your nearest Visa Application Centre, please schedule an appointment at VFS Global.
German National visas
This Visa application is for a long‑term stay which is longer than three months.
There are certain categories for long term visa for Germany
· Job-seeker visa
· Employment visa
· Guest scientist/research visa
· Training/internship visa
· Au pair visa
· Speciality cook visa
· Family reunion visa (spouse, children, parent)
· Intended marriage/establishment of a civil union visa
How to go for STUDENT VISA
German student visa comes under Long Term National visa category of Germany. It is valid for 3 months from the date of issue and has to be renewed before deadline once you are in Germany.
STEP 1 - admission in German University
For this step please refer our earlier edition in which we have spoken about it, so you must have admission in German University.
STEP 2 - Blocked account
You are required this to provide proof of sufficient funds to cover your living costs in Germany. One option to fulfil this requirement would be to open a blocked account with at least amount of 7.908,00 Euro at a bank in Germany or at a branch of Kotak Mahindra Bank in India. It takes around 4 - 6 weeks and it’s better to open the blocked account well in advance.
Step 3 - checklist for student visa
Before you received the admission letter from your German university, prepare the necessary documentation for your visa application.
For that you can go on following link if you are applying in Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany, New Delhi.
Usually you required following documents
· Valid passport
· Application form & declarations form (you can find them on website of consulate)
Copy of your passport’s data page (A4 size copy)
· Personal cover letter explaining the exact purpose and duration of stay
· Letter of admission from German university
· Proof of payment of study fees.
· Proof of language proficiency in English (TOEFL/IELTS) and/or German (if course is partially taught in German), not older than 2 years
· Proof of other academic qualifications.
· Proof of employment if you have been working for a considerable period of time
· proof of financial means (blocked account)
· 3 passport pictures according to biometric specifications, not older than 6 months
· Demand Draft (This Demand Draft is for Visa fees)
Step 4 – schedule visa interview appointment
After preparing for following documents you need to schedule visa interview for which you can find link on your consulate website .The processing of your application will take two to three months. You are therefore better to apply well in advance of the proposed beginning of your studies and also to check again for requirements at following consulate.